Saturday, February 14, 2015

Addy's Valentines


"I'm so excited for Valentine's Day!" exclaimed Mini-Addy.  I'm going to make Valentines for everyone!  Let's see... theres 11 big girls, wait! no, 13, because our new friends, Vivian and Sylvia! And 18 minis, well 17 if I don't make one for me.  Wow.  That's a lot of Valentines."




"I've so got this!  Thirty Valentines by February 14th.  That's seven days away.  I've so got this!  Maybe I can even make Valentines for the cute little kitty family and bunnies we met on the way to Friendship, and all the pets, too!  Wow.  I have a lot of friends.  Maybe... too many friends."





"Oh, no!  I have to start over!  All m hearts turned out unevan and I don't have any pink ribbon!  And my scissors are too big! I can't find my little scissors I JUST HAD!  And now there's only 6 days until Valentine's Day.  What am I going to do?"





"What'cha doing?" asked Mini-Kirsten.

Mini-Addy jumped up.  "Nothing."

Mini-Ruthie asked, "Are those hearts?  Are you making Valentines?  We want to make some too!"



"What are you girls doing?" asked Kitty.

"We're making Valentines!" said Mini-Kirsten.  "Want to join us?"

Mini-Addy exclaimed, "Mini-Kirsten!  I told you it's a surprise!"

"It's just Kitty," said Mini-Ruthie, "she won't tell anyone."

"Of course not," said Kitty, "and I would love to help!"

Mini-Addy sighed.



"I can't figure out how to spell Nannerl," thought Addy.  "I don't want to get it wrong on her Valentine.  I better ask Karen.  I'll just wait here until Lissie is finished with her hair.  I wonder what they are talking about.  I can't quite hear what they are saying."






".....Addy....," whispered Lissie, "...."

Karen said, "I know!..... surprise....."

"Oh, no!  They already know about my surprise Valentines!"










"I just wanted to do something nice for all of my friends!" cried Mini-Addy.  I love them all so much, but I'm so small!"

"There, there," cooed Mini-Ruthie, "dry your eyes."

"Oh Mini-Addy, it's going to be okay," comforted Mini-Kirsten.  Your Valentines turned out lovely!  And everyone will love them!"

"But it won't be a surprise!" weeped Mini-Addy.  

Mini-Kirsten said, "Mini-Addy, you need to come with us.  There is something you need to see."



"SURPRISE!  Happy Valentine's Day Mini-Addy!!!"

"F-f-for me?"  gasped Mini-Addy.

"Yes," said Mini-Kirsten.  "We all wanted to be your Valentine this year so we threw a surprise party for you!"

"And here is the key to our hearts," said Janet.  

"See we got you the biggest box of chocolates," said Mini-Ruthie, "because you have the biggest heart!"

"F-f-for me?" whispered Mini-Addy.

"Yes, we love you so much, Mini-Addy!"  




"We had a wonderful Valentine's Day Party for Mini-Addy, and she surprised all of us with thses wonderful Valentines she made," said Karen.  "Happy Valentine's Day from all of us at Paws On Keys and Friendship!"

No comments: