Saturday, October 25, 2014

The Case of the Missing Girl


One day, Lissie was missing.  No one could find her anywhere.   Rose, being sad, began to dress in Lissie's clothes so the other girls would not miss her.


I know!  I will dress in Lissie's clothes so we will not miss her!
Karen and Lula remembered they had seen Lissie in the pumpkin patch.  They saw some gnomes running away, but no Lissie.  Leaping to the obvious conclusion, Lula screamed, "Oh No! The gnomes turned her into a pumpkin!"

"Lissie!" Karen cried, "Speak to me!"

Ivy, as usual, went to Google for help.

"Lissie isn't answering her phone or her emails.  Where could she be?

Days passed.  It was Lissie's turn to work in the ice cream parlor.  The girls were surprised to see PDQ Bach serving.

"Bach,why are you serving at the ice cream parlor?", Kitty asked.
"Woof, woof, growl."
"What? Lissie told you to fill in for you?"
Lula whispered to Bea, "I'm not sure he washed his paws first."
"This is serious!" Bea exclaimed, "We HAVE to find Lissie!"

The girls made a plan to go see Vivian up in northern Utah, since their big people were going there.  



"Will one cookie be enough for our trip?" Karen asked.  "We don't know how long it will take to find Lissie."
"You're right," answered Rose.  "I'll pack two and we can convince the big people to stop and keep us supplied."

Everytime the big people stopped, Karen and Rose got out and looked for Lissie.




"Lissie!" Rose called, over and over again.
"I don't see her anywhere," Karen said.  "Perhaps, we should go back in time."
"Okay, but I will have to do a rain dance."
"Did it work?" asked Karen.
"Yeah, but you singing 'Rain, Rain, go away' didn't help."
"OK, Karen, we made it back in time to the late Cretaceous period and got a ride on this nice dinosaur.  Now let's see if Felicity is around here!"
"Great!, But first, let's get some hot chocolate!" said mini Ivy.
"Stay focused," Karen said, "We need to find Lissie.  And besides, hot chocolate hasn't even been invented yet."
"If that is the case," said mini Isabelle, "the most important thing for us to do is go invent hot chocolate."

And that is how we got hot chocolate today, but that is another story.

Finally, the girls reached Vivian in northern Utah.  

"Look, Vivian, who I found in the leafpile!"
"It's Hermoine, the cat!"
"Do you think she knows where Lissie is?"
"Meow.  Meeeow.  (She's not in my leaf pile!)"


Meanwhile, back at home, Bach was missing his Lissie.




"You know, Rose," said Karen, "if I went missing there's only place I'd go."
"Big Rock Candy Mountain!" exclaimed Rose.

"This is an awesome place, Karen," Rose said, "but I don't think Lissie's here."
"You could be right.  But maybe we should look behind the pepperment tree over there."

But Lissie wasn't anywhere to be found.  Soon after they arrived back home at Paws On Keys, a package was found on their doorstep.



"Where did his box come from?" exclaimed Lula.  "What is in it?"
Karen said, "I don't know, but Bach's really excited about it!"
Ivy said, "Open it before he digs himself in!"
"Maybe it's popcorn!" Kitty said excitedly.
"Why do you say that, Kitty?" asked Bea.
"Because digging into a box of popcorn sounds good!"
Rose said, "Okay, let's open it!  But I get the torch this time!"


"Hey! Let me out of here!" someone shouted.
The girls all hurried and opened the box.
Lissie sat up and gasped, "Thanks for letting me out!  It was getting hard to breathe!"

"Lissie!  Lissie!  " Everyone shouted.  "It's Lissie!"

Later...

"What do you mean, you didn't know where I was," asked Lissie, didn't you get my note?"
"Note?" asked Rose, "Oh yeah!  It's in my pocket!  I forgot to open it!"
"Dear Friends, 
                            I'm going away for a while.  Don't worry.  I'm goint to the hospital for a simple procedure called a headactomy, followed by a right and left armectomy, and then a right and left legectomy.  So no big deal.  When it's done, I'll feel like a whole new person!  See you soon!
                                                Love, 
                                                        Lissie"

"Woooof.  (Never leave again!)"



No comments: